Below are some general yet important moving tips to ensure your move is as trouble-free as possible.
- Book your move with L.W. Hodgins Removalists Newcastle as soon as possible. We are flexible with dates and your moving needs.
- Keep us informed of any changes as early as possible so we can try to meet your new needs.
- Short term notice moves are welcomed as well. Even next day moves can be accommodated.
- Declines and inclines, overhanging awnings and trees may hinder where we can park our removal truck.
- On arrival we may need to discuss the best option to park the truck.
- In city areas where paid parking is required please let us know prior to our arrival.
Plasma and LCD TV
- May be boxed in their original box, we can supply a special box or you can leave it out and our team can professionally pack it.
- If there are items you do not want us to move please keep them separate and let us know. With multiple drops off locations separate the items or make labels to avoid confusion.
Prior to moving day
- Clean out and dispose of any of your unwanted items.
- Pre pack your contents in boxes. All boxes should be taped up with nothing protruding out of the box. Boxes should be labelled ie Kitchen. When possible label the boxes on the tape. Any item that does not fit in a box may be left out and our team will pack it up on your moving day.
- Have all your items dismantled and ready for uplift and transport. For example beds, trampolines, swing sets, washing machines, TV, home theatre sets and or computers. Computers and home theatre may be boxed if you desire.
- Fridges should be turned off and emptied prior to your move. If your fridge is being stored please ensure it is wiped completely dry to prevent mould and bad odours building up. Once delivered your fridges should be left to stand for at least 2 to 3 hours before turning the power on.
- Decide where your furniture will be positioned in the new location. This will ensure smooth delivery and reduce double handling.
- In high density units or townhouses notify your neighbours a day or two prior to the move of the arrival time of the truck as we may need to block the access to the driveway or their garage.
On Moving day
- Prior to our arrival ensure the driveway is clear for example of your vehicles and or your neighbour's vehicles.
- Do not water pot plants.
- Clean out the grease off bbq's and drip tray and disconnect gas bottle.
- Pre-wrap anything fragile.
- Empty out fuel from mowers & whipper snippers.
- Have a labelled priority box which includes the items you may need to find straight away at your new house. For example bed legs, screws/nuts & bolts off furniture, remote controls and kitchen necessities like the kettle.